Important Advice:


Sign a power of attorney to enable your lawyer to act on your behalf while you are in Israel. If you decide to proceed with a transaction after leaving Israel the only way to empower your lawyer to act on your behalf is by signing a document in front of an Israeli consular official. It is not legal to sign a document abroad even if your lawyer travels to your home town.

A power of attorney must be signed in front of a lawyer and you must provide your passport – your lawyer will want to inspect it and photocopy it.

Alternatively, you may empower a friend or relation to act on your behalf. In this case, you must sign in front of a Notary Public – ask your lawyer.
Click here for a list of recommended lawyers.

Lawyer’s Fees:

In the case of a sale of property a fee a half to one percent of the sale price is usual.

Value Added Tax is added to any commission due. This is currently seventeen percent – this tax is levied regardless of status.

Some lawyers will charge more especially when the client is abroad and additional tasks are required. Occasionally lower fees are charged by newly qualified lawyers or where the transaction seems to be of a simple nature.

Information provided courtesy of Capital Property Consultants: